Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day in the Garden

A lot has been happening in the garden. Some seedlings have germinated and are doing well, others failed, my pansies have been dug up and replaced with my seedlings. Edging needs to be redone in places, and buds emerge on the seeds that did germinate.

Let's take a look around together.









This photo shows some nicely mature plants grown from seed. The popcicle sticks indicate where I have replanted zinnia seeds.














I have surrounded the miniature hydrangea with the large pompom marigolds. They were just watered in when this photo was taken.










The last time you saw this bed, it contained Coral Nymph Salvia in the back and pansies in front of those plants.



The pansies are gone now and there are 6 Lady in Red Salvias in front of the Coral Nymphs. In front of them are Orange Profusion Zinnias and then my marigolds.









The red miniature hydrangea is blooming and the blossoms are not red but a lovely shade of pink.
The more I cut the blossoms, the more it blooms. It is really a stunning plant.





















My sweet peas are blooming

and very fragrant. I have small bouquets of them all through the house. They remind me so much of my mother!


















I love the colors. The blossoms almost look as though they have stripes of magenta painted on them.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful,char!
    I'm so jealous as my plants are just drying up!
    claudia

    ReplyDelete