Friday, June 24, 2011

Another Path

In addition to growing a lot of flowers, my husband and I also grow herbs and vegetables! One of the beds runs parallel to our driveway which is right outside our kitchen door. I enjoy the placement of the vegetable and herb beds because it is so handy to have them nearby when I am preparing summer meals.


Above is a picture of new green bean plants, parsley & chives to the left of the beans and Swiss chard on the far left.


Rather than plant in rows, we plant in squares 18 x 18 inches. On the left are beet plants. There are a couple of spring onions still in the very front of the bed. The Swiss chard we like to grow is called Rainbow Chard. The stems are truly rainbow color and the color is retained even after cooking!



Tomatoes and peppers grow in another veggie bed. They thrive in the late morning to sunset sunshine. There is nothing better than enjoying a fresh-picked tomato right off of the vine.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment