This is a really frustrating time of the growing season for me. Seedlings are coming up but so are the weeds. I am a compulsive weeder which explains my frustration. I've taken some photos to show you what I mean even though it is embarrassing to post them.
In the picture below you will see weeds above a well-sprouted zinnia. Below that, to the left is a marigold. On the bottom right is a new zinnia seedling coming up beside a popsicle stick. Between the marigold and new zinnia sprout is a marigold but I think you will have as much difficulty as I had seeing it. I almost pulled it out.

The pansies are really getting leggy now. That is why I planted seeds that will last all summer in between them. To the left of the pansy plant is a new nasturtium plant
I have now planted coral nymph salvia behind the pansies. They look scrawny now but they will spread out to approximately 24 inches between them.


No comments:
Post a Comment