I am way behind this year with my flower garden! That will all change within the next 24 hours - at least in the front flower bed.
In late April my son-in-law John and my husband Dave began remodeling my kitchen. Dave and I have never attempted anything like this before. The outside walls were gutted to the studs and half of the ceiling was replaced. Since I liked my cabinets and cupboards, I opted to paint them. A new floor was installed and a second wall of cabinets was installed. Whew! Next thing I knew I found fabric I liked and began making valances and curtains. Meanwhile the flowerbeds remained empty and the seedlings I had started were neglected.
Today our daughter Gretchen and I went to our favorite nursery and got plants - lots of them. This is unusual for me to rely on someone else's green thumb! Tomorrow we will be busy planting the plants we purchased.
So if you've wondered where I've been, I've been remodeling instead of planting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment